Tuesday, April 2, 2019


11/13/2017

Salaam no?! Today I woke up early to go with Behailu to HCS (The Catholic Charity that Behailu, Netsi and Abba Worku work for.) I surprised a handful of people that I’d met last time I visited! They didn’t expect me to ever return! 


After this Netsi and I went for breakfast and then I presented the two projects to Abba Worku. The first project is a story time party with the orphans in the Catholic Church here in Dire Dawa. After reading a few children’s books I am donating 60 books to them. I am also donating a projector so that they can have movie nights with the girls. 


The second project is with an organization called Days for Girls. I completed their program so I can train and teach girls about women’s hygiene and menstruation leaving them with a packet that has reusable menstrual pads. Also teaching them how to sew the pads themselves so that when I leave they will have the knowledge to pass this on and continue the program.


Netsi Took me to the market so I could get some local clothes made to wear while I am here as well. 


At lunch I went with Netsi to meet her husband Nebil and daughter Elehana.  Back To HCS and before I came home to Behailu’s house for dinner I stopped by the Catholic Orphanage to introduce myself to the new abbas in the compound and meet some of the girls.

Now I am drinking a beer as I write this and getting read to check out for the evening.

No comments: