Thursday, October 29, 2009

Walking

10/29/09

The last few days have been full of WALKING. Walking everywhere! Up Montjuic Down Mountjuic and all around it; not only is Montjuic a beautiful mountain you can see Barcelona in aerial, but there is much to visit on the mountain it’s self. Yesterday we visited the Catalan Museum. I really enjoy the marble and bronze sculptures portraying sullen, sensual women.

Then we walked around the Olympic stadium and the sites there (a huge swimming pool, gardens, fountains, etc.) Today we took a four-hour hike past yesterday’s adventures to the graveyard. There was a ton of stairs!


Picture compliment of: Brian Hammer http://hammerphoto.wordpress.com/

I have to say I am not very impressed with the styles in which they bury the dead here. All the tombs are on top of each other in which you need a ladder to reach if looking for someone on top. As an added note a large portion of the tombs outlook the Mediterranean Sea and a highway. It’s an exquisite view.

Instead of climbing stairs to get back (you can really get lost there) we decided to hike around the mountain. Unfortunately the walk was right next to a highway of on coming traffic. Safely we made it back in time to have sangria and a bite to eat.

We made it to La Concha again tonight. I had a coffee and hookah. Tonight just didn’t quite have the same atmosphere as last week, and we left after an hour or so. Don’t get me wrong I love this place! If you’re ever in Barcelona, it’s a must experience, and on my top ten.

I can no longer ignore how my blondish hair and green eyes are a problem when I travel. It’s been pointed out to me many times over, but I some how always seem to pacify it. I am consciously going to remind myself not to overlook it anymore. Traveling in Mexico growing up every year I loved the attention it brought me. Now I really don’t want the attention.

Memorandum: Geez do I need a massage!

No comments: