Sunday, November 15, 2009

A day in London

With the chance of reflection living in Barcelona I remember how everyone uses the term "Balle" for everything. They use it for yes, no, come on, sure, okay, etc... I wasn't used to the Spanish in Barcelona as they all seem to talk with a lisp. The Spanish I learned is very pronuciated.

Here in England The cutest thing I've ever heard was when Rachel told her son to sign to Christopher and he said in his little British accent "But mummy! I can't! I have little fingers!" My heart melted. How cute. Reminds me of Nick Swardson's "British Kid" stand up. Yesterday Christopher and I took the train from Southend to London (about an hour ride.) We saw the Tower of London and Tower bridge.
Then we decided to check out The Dungeon (http://www.thedungeons.com/) A good two hours of London's gruesome history. Most of it was visual and Christopher really seemed to enjoy it. Especially the lynching ride! Everything was based on actual events in history including Jack the Ripper and The Great Fire of London, Tooley Street, and Sweeney Todd.
We then went for a bite to eat. We stopped in at"The Kings Old Head" a pub where we could get cider and fish and chips.
We took the Queens walk and headed towards the London Eye. It was a quite walk since none of us talked although we used a lot of Gestures, British Sign Language, I phone note pad, and good old fashioned pen and paper to communicate.
It's a long walk I think we walked altogether 8miles yesterday. We finally got to The London Eye! Amazing view. I can now say I've seen everything in London LOL. I guess I'd have to compare it to the State Fair of Texas Ferris wheel.



http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.panoramas.dk%2Ffullscreen6%2Ff52-london_eye.html&h=ab0382f9d86515dd771d3fd90ca439d8
We continued our walk to Big Ben, Parliament, but skipped Buckingham Palace we were too tired and had a long walk back.

No comments: